Thursday, March 8, 2012

What a day!!!!

You know the type? The type where you think, "I should just go back to bed and try again." The type where things just are hectic? The type where your 4 year old opens her muddy car door into your side at drop off? The type where your 7 year old leaves his backpack at home? The type where you need to give your 2nd grader $2 and you open your billfold to find you have NO cash? Just so you know, I *could* go on. I won't for everyone's sanity though. Needless to say, this day started off wrong and did NOT get better.

Tonight is the one year anniversary of the night Faith was burned. It's definitely not something you want to celebrate, but it completely changed our lives and we won't forget the date. Well, I won't forget the date. James, he doesn't remember dates that much. She is doing wonderfully. With the nice days lately, her cheeks have been very red so we are having to be careful about that. I am considering making an appointment with a dermatologist to see if they can help with this issue. On Tuesday she said, "Ugh! My scar!" I asked her, "What about your scar, sweet pea?" She whined, "I just want it to go away!" This was the first time we had the discussion that it wouldn't just go away and would always be there. It really bugs her. She doesn't like how it looks or feels and lately it has been itchy. I suspect we will have this conversation often. Eventually, she will either decide it is part of who she is and not care about it anymore, or she will ask to have it restructured. We are prepared for either outcome. Right now, I'm just doing what I can to help it not physically bug her. Lots of lotions, aquaphor, etc, still. I'm so extremely grateful that a year later, these are the minor issues I'm talking about here. We are so abundantly blessed, and we know God knit her skin back together, just the way He knit her together in my womb. That was my prayer from the moment I realized what we were dealing with. You know, the moments after the panic, then praying for comfort for her, then praying for angels to calm her and numb the pain. The moments after the immediate "help my baby" thoughts.

I am so glad that I have hope. That WE have hope, and that Faith will have hope. I pray for her salvation. I was taught by an amazing friend, Liz, while I was still a teenager how important it is to pray for your children's salvation. I pray that when the time is right and God "knocks" on her heart, that she will run to Him and "answer the knock." I prayed this same prayer for Philip and was shocked when he came to me at such a young age asking deep questions. Those questions led to God "tugging" on his heart, and Philip accepting Jesus. It is such a relief knowing your child has a relationship with the one true God!

In other news (not sure I should go on after that!), I had parent-teacher conferences for Philip tonight. I am pleased to say that he has great grades and school comes easy for him. He is very bright! He does need to work a little harder because he is not reaching his full potential. That is something we will be working on at home. We've been trying to teach him that he doesn't have to be THE best, but he does need to be HIS best. School is out tomorrow, so Philip got to go stay the night with Grammy and Papaw. He was pumped. It works out well for my parents and me too. I have one less child to get around in the morning, mom and dad get to sleep in and so does Philip. Win-win-win if you ask me. I guess there is one that doesn't win though. Faith was not happy that she doesn't get to stay the night with Grammy and Papaw. I told her maybe over spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment